The AQUATIS Project
|AQUA = Water ||T = Earth||I = Innovation||S = Science|
The AQUATIS platform encompasses three main elements:
- Aquatis Hotel & Conference Centre open since March 20th 2015
- Vennes P+R car park for 1 200 vehicles
- AQUATIS Aquarium-Vivarium Lausanne open since October 21st 2017
Each building has its own identity whilst contributing to the harmony of the whole.
An innovative project
Located in a region known for its competence in the field of water and the environment, AQUATIS can claim to be a scientific, technological, cultural and sustainable project. It is a project:
- intended to bring nature into the town, make water and freshwater aquatic environments known and loved in order to better protect them
- presented using digital technologies to reveal the rich biodiversity of our planet
- integrated into a network of life and environment sciences through numerous cultural and scientific partnerships
- designed to allow centralised management of the buildings, it brings intelligently into play the synergies and complementarities of the facilities, notably the car park, metro line, hotel and the Aquarium-Vivarium in order to minimise the impact on the environment
- located strategically on a transport hub, it incites the use of environmentally-friendly means of transport
- constructed with components optimised in terms of thermal performance using neutral fluids for the environment
- connected to the remote heating system, based on the incineration of household waste, it allows the use of renewable energy with low greenhouse gas emissions.
AQUATIS Aquarium - Vivarium Lausanne will invite visitors to a freshwater odyssey across the 5 continents. A spectacular view of the aquatic fauna and flora with 46 aquariums/terrariums/vivariums and 20 ecosystems
It is this rich diversity, between a fantastic voyage of discovery and a scientific approach that takes each visitor to the heart of the world’s aquatic environments creating a durable and emotional link with water, source of life on our planet.